Intern, Online Marketing
Impact by Design (IBD) is seeking a passionate and ambitious ONLINE MARKETING INTERN who will help develop and enhance IBD’s online brand and presence. We are looking for someone who is a strategic thinker as well an implementer, and who is excited about building and delivering new ideas, tactics, and results.
This internship will be based remotely, last approximately 6 months, and have a flexible part-time schedule of 15-20 hours per week. The opportunity is perfect for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, who is looking to gain real-world experience and a chance to flex online marketing skills and knowledge.
The position is paid with a monthly stipend.
Why this role is important for Impact by Design:
Impact by Design is entering into its second year and we are excited to further engage with the nonprofit community and share our resources through online channels. We need someone with fresh ideas and a strategic mindset to help us develop and implement a strategy to take our online presence to the next level.
What you will do:
Your regular activities may not be the same every day but will include:
- Building and maintaining systems for effectively monitoring news, insights, and opportunities
- Leveraging IBD’s strategies and tactics to expand our presence, reach and engagement
- Providing guidance on social media monitoring and helping to track and report on key indicators
- Promoting IBD blogs, webinars, and other branded content
- Developing e-mail as a channel for marketing and communications
- Providing guidance on SEO
- Maintaining active audience engagement by responding to questions and comments from followers, as well as by interacting with others in the field through retweets, likes, comments, etc
What we care about most in this position:
- Seeing the big picture strategy while also loving the daily details of implementation
- Innovation, a wealth of creative ideas, and a keen interest to test them
- A strong desire to be collaborative, and an ability to be flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to develop a unique voice that reflects the IBD brand, and an exceptional visual intelligence with a “good eye” to identify content that will resonate with our audience
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence with every engagement opportunity
- Commitment and self-direction, with ability work successfully in a remote/from home setting
- Proactively engaged in current events and social media platforms
- Experience with and the ability to collect and analyze information from multiple data sources to uncover insights, statistics, and trends
- Web-savvy with genuine enthusiasm for keeping up with new technologies
- Demonstrated practical experience in marketing strategy and project implementation
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of relevant social media platforms including optimization of content and the nuances of each platform
- Demonstrated ability to start an ambitious project from scratch and see it through to fruition
- Ability to work effectively from home and through remote meetings
- Ability to work in highly collaborative environments as well as independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Enrolled in or having completed an undergraduate or graduate program
Why Impact by Design?
We are a small but growing organization that is committed to the philosophy of building healthy, happy, and effective organizations by improving participation and accountability, increasing capacity, and improving systems for learning and adaptation. We take that philosophy with our partner clients as seriously as we do within our own organization. As such, we offer a dynamic, transparent, curious, and supportive working environment, with a focus on our core values, which underpin all of our efforts. Find out more About Us here.
Staff members and interns at Impact by Design work remotely – we do not have an office. We offer flexibility and an opportunity to work in a self-directed environment.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing, rolling basis until we find the right candidate, with a preference for candidates residing in the Northeast corridor (Washington, DC to Boston). We are happy to see your traditional resume, but do not want a traditional cover letter. In lieu of a cover letter, please answer the following two questions, and then submit all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Which 3 online marketing channels or platforms do you think are the most relevant for businesses trying to grow their audience, and why?
- Provide at least one example of an online marketing tactic used by a small business that you think was really smart, and tell us why you think it worked so well.
We are always interested in hearing from talented and passionate individuals who are looking for ways to deliver impact. Feel free to send us your resume and a message detailing your interests, and we will be in touch if the right opportunity arises.